body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Oh The Wonders of Alcohol » | Happy Valentine's Day » | Long Overdue » | Birthday Shoutout » | Thank You » | Hong Kong (Part V - Final) » | Hong Kong (Part IV) » | Hong Kong (Part III) » | Hong Kong (Part II) » | Hong Kong (Part I) » 

Sunday, August 06, 2006 

Neglect

Well HELLO! It seems to have been ages since I last blogged (6 months to be exact). Yup, I've been pretty much neglecting this blog for that amount of time. Well, a LOT has happened in the past 6 months. Some good, some bad. Well, I'd like to say more bad happened but that's just being unhealthily pessimistic. Let us all be romantically optimistic, shall we?

As some of you may know, I've been fighting my neuroticism and my bouts of depression since forever. Hasn't been 6 months of bed of roses, I'll admit, but I'm glad I've moved on from that shit hole of a soul-eating void onto greener pastures. If there's such a thing. I'll make a breakdown just to recap what has happened in my wonderful existence.

Depression

I've moved on and have accepted things that I cannot control or change. Things happen in my life for a reason albeit it was hell going through it. But something important transpired out of the whole sh'bang - I survived. During this dark period, I almost lost people dearest to me - my friends. Some stayed away from me like I was the bringer of the Plague of Death. But for all its worth, it was a good thing they did. I was not exactly in the right frame of mind for company. With their absence and without them pampering me and consoling me 24/7, I managed to understand the fact that some problems are just meant to be dealt alone. Sounds sad and pathetic but it's true.

College

Ironically, I start blogging today when I should be burying my nose in them books. I've got an exam tomorrow. Finals for my 1st year law degree. I'm just looking forward to it ending and moving on to 2nd year. Wish me luck!

R.I.P.

Just last week, my uncle succumbed to the clutches of cancer. He was 82 if I recall correctly. It was expected as he has been suffering for a pretty long time. God rest his soul.

Surgery

Yup, I had a minor surgery to remove my appendix. Hurt a great deal. Then again, I'm not one with a wide threshold for pain. Was hospitalised in Assunta Hospital for about 4 days. And no, there weren't any hot nurses. Mobility was greatly reduced and I was deprivde of nicotine for that duration. Imagine my joy when Mr Dunhill (woot!) greeted me back home.

Futsal is LETHAL

YES IT IS! Just last week, my bro went for a game of futsal with his company and KAPOW! He fell and fractured his back bone. Fortunately for him, he was not paralysed or anything and no surgery was required. It is still a mystery as to how he fell. He got to ride in an ambulance which, he said was pretty cool. Well, little did he know, I was panicking my balls off trying to figure out what to do next as parents were away in Singapore attending my uncle's funeral. All's good now. He has been hospitalised for a week now and today he gets to come home.

That pretty much sums up the going ons in my not-so-exciting life. It's back to the books for me now. Hope I won't go into my neglect-my-blog phase again. Till next time, toodles!

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats