body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Hong Kong (Part IV) » | Hong Kong (Part III) » | Hong Kong (Part II) » | Hong Kong (Part I) » | I'm Home! » | Wow Wee » | Birthday Shoutout » | What A Bore » | Flickr Me, Flickr You » | An Evening With Ryu Tei » 

Friday, December 30, 2005 

Hong Kong (Part V - Final)

(Continued from Part IV)

Tuesday, 27th December 2005 (Last day in Hong Kong)

Good things come to an end, they say. Well, this was our final day in Hong Kong before our flight the next morning. This was also the day we had to do our last minute shopping before heading back to KL. The past few days have been pretty hectic and hence, didn't get to do much shopping.

Woke up to a frosty morning yet again and met up with Ah Mo down the road of our hotel after our breakfast. Accompanied Ah Mo for breakfast while Seb and I sipped on our drinks.


This is how their coffee shops look like

After that, we went on a search for mobile phones since I heard it's cheaper in Hong Kong than it is back home. We went from one shop to another and finally, we found a movile phone heaven! It was like Sungei Wang but specially for electonical gadgets. After much searching, I finally found a phone I liked - Nokia 6111! Woohoo! Got it for a reasonable price too. Check it out (pics taken after returning from HK):





Sweet, eh? I was excited like a lil puppy. After getting the phone, we met up with Maggie and Yolene. Yolene and Ah Mo then went off on a laptop hunt while Maggie, Seb and I proceeded to Ladies Market for some last minute shopping. After much walking, I got a couple of items for some friends back home.

We then decided to head back to the hotel to chill for a bit while we wait for Yolene and Ah Mo to finish their hunt. Plus, I had to take a dump rather badly and the hotel room toilet was the only one I was willing to use.

Finally, Yolene and Ah Mo returned from their hunt and off we went for a Teow Chew porridge dinner. I was pretty full from all the food that Ah Mo ordered and left a lot uneaten. Olivia, another of Seb's friend joined us for the feast.

Having filled our bellies, we proceeded to Cavern in Lan Kwai Fong for a last round of beers before we leave for KL the next day. Lan Kwai Fong is a really nice place. I really did like it there and Cavern was an awesome bar with a live band. As the night progressed, Elleen and her brothers (friends of Seb and Olivia) joined us and it really was a great night. It was fitting for our last night in Hong Kong *sniff*


The people


The band

And so, Seb and I had to leave for the hotel to do our last minute packing since it was going to be a really early morning for us. As we walked down Lan Kwai Fong, it was my last time to experience mobs of people. This time, the crowd was getting into a club. I never really did get to club in Hong Kong due to the hectic schedule. Oh well, there's always next year :)


Keep on thronging, people

Well, that wraps up my trip to Hong Kong. It was definitely a trip I will always remember. God willing, I would be there again really soon.


One for the road

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats