body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Retro Retro » | Thanks, Guys » | WHAT THE FUCK?! » | Zathura, Pengembaraan Di Luar Angkasa » | Birthday Shoutout » | Spook-O-Rama » | Thoroughly Annoyed » | Koneksyen Tergendala » | How To Dance Properly » | I've Done It Again! » 

Monday, December 12, 2005 

An Evening With Ryu Tei

Greetings, people.

I know I've not been blogging for like, a day or two. This is caused by 2 reasons:

1. Being lazy
2. So many things have been happening, I don't have the time :รพ

We left off at Thursday, 8th December. Well, nothing much happened on that night nor on Friday night. So let's just fast forward to Saturday night.

'Twas a typical saturday afternoon for me. Lazing about the house and just having some time to myself. The plans for the night had yet to be confirmed. It's either stay at home or have a drinking fiasco in LQ (yet again and yes, it's getting rather boring -_-). Just so you know, I go there to patronise the outlet. The people who work there are friendly (not in that gayish-I-wanna-get-into-your-pants sort of way, you freakazoids). Contrary to what most people think, LQ was never meant to be a gay bar. It just so happens that gay people are over-populating Malaysia and have no where else to go. Soon, your regular clubs / lounges / bars like Zouk, Velvet, Bar Savanh, Bar Blonde and what-have-you's will be converted into some homo-pad. Bliss and Frangipani have already succumbed to them haha!

Okay, let's not get carried away. I didn't do much on Saturday afternoon. Had brunch with Jeff at the Babi Shop and made tracks for home. Been home since then. Nothing exciting happened during the day. Least to say, I was agigated from all the boredom. Then again, it wasn't all that bad. Had some quality time with myself haha. Again, not in that pervy-I-want-to-touch-myself way. Also, had a Simpsons Marathon! Yup, downloaded the entire Season 16 and watched the episodes back to back. It was wild. Matt Groenig is a genius!

(For some reason, I'm paranoid blogging this post)

Came the night and decided to have an awesome Japanese dinner with Seb before heading out to LQ. He picked me up and off we went to Phileo Damansara's Ryu Tei Japanese Restaurant.

I've known this place for a couple of years now and the food still retains its quality and taste. I do recommend this place for its good food and service and reasonable prices. This place is however, NOT halal.

Flipping through the menu, I decided to have the Katsu Curry Set instead of my usual Yakiniku Set (Beef Set) or Tanuki Soba (Buckwheat noodles with Tempura crumbs). Seb decided to have his Sukiyaki Set like the last visit there. The last time we were there, we over ordered and had a big ass problem finishing it. So, this time, I decided we should just limit ourselves to TWO side dishes - Gyoza (dumplings or wor tip) and Mabo Tofu (tofu fried in thick spicy gravy with minced pork) and our main courses each. Yup, this should be more than enough to satisfy our hunger.

Minutes later, our lil appetisers of Chawan Mushis arrived and we dug right in without skipping a beat. Man, I love Chawan Mushis. They rock.


Katsu Curry Set


Mabo Tofu


Japanese Salad


Chawan Mushi


Gyoza

As we stuffed our faces silly with our Chawan Mushis, one by one the dishes arrive. To my shock, the portions were HUGE! Now, how the hell are we going to finish everything? Our main courses combined were enough to feed a school full of hungry children! Despite limiting ourselves to just 2 side dishes, we still faced the problem of finishing our food. This is soo sinful. I'm sure God is "tsk-ing" me right now.

Still, we continued eating and tried to eat as much as we could. We managed to finish the Gyozas but unfortunately, we weren't able to finish the tofu. Sigh. What a waste.

Then again, had we eaten everything, we would've had a problem walking to the car. Or to anywhere, for that matter.

And so, we left the tofu half eaten but we finished our main courses and the Gyozas. Though we felt bad for not finishing the tofu, it was a really good dinner. Next time, we'll just go ala carte and order as we eat to prevent the glutton in me from sapu-ing everything from the menu.

After that hearty dinner, we lazily made our way to LQ to proceed with the drinking fest. We got there REALLY early. Say, 9:50PM? Yup, that early.

Got ourselves a bucket and began the drinking while waiting for the rest (Alif, Emily, Andrew and Paul) to arrive.

This time around, I did not really get drunk as I was playing a babysitter to most people and making sure everyone had fun. Also, I was being conscious about my actions and words as I did not want last Saturday's fiasco to repeat.

The night progressed rather well and nobody got hurt lol! Andrew and Paul got home safely and so did Seb, Emily and I. Alif left much earlier before any of us. Seb decided to crash out at my place and before I knew it, I'm lying on the mattress on the floor like a log and snoozing my lil ass away. I guess I was just tired more than anything else.

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats