body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Fizzle My Bizzle And My Shizzle » | I Hate Leaky Air-Conds » | The Abe-ster Is Sick *sniffles* » | I Am Crusty Pottyshorts » | Blargh » | Bimbo Ahoy! » | FPWAH! » | Pffffffft » | Sombre » | In Loving Memory » 

Thursday, October 27, 2005 

Boom Shakalaka Pop Fizz

A very interesting day I've had today. Met up for breakfast with Xavie and Jeff at The Babi Shop but alas, the babi stall was closed and so we were COMPELLED to have something else other than babi. So, I had the pan mee (flour noodle), Xavie had the chicken rice and Jeff had the fried kuey teow.

Didn't have much appetite for food today for some reason. Left my pan mee like, 1/4 eaten. I didn't even finish half of it. Maybe I need to shit and clear my stomach to make room for more food. HAHAHA. That was a gross thought. Oh well, it's YOUR imagination anyway haha!

Having had a non-hearty meal, Xavie and I headed over to my place where I would be trying my hand at modelling. We were looking thru some pictures of models on Andrew's Models and lo and behold, we found our dear Stephanie aka Stephanus Hamy Abdul Talib's picture! Yes, she's a model and yes, she is attached. Too bad. Nyeh nyeh. Inspired with this new confidence, I thought to myself: Hmph, if SHE can do it, so can I! And so, Xavie my personal photographer got all ready to snap away. Did various poses just to find out that I'm humiliating myself shamelessly. Bah. Turns out, I can't be a model cos I'm friggin SHORT and have a face of a Somalian toad. Of course, both Xavie and I were also going thru the MALE models and that just induced my depression cos I don't have the legs, the body or the face. To comfort myself, I concluded that they're all playas and ruthless men who would probably turn out to be assholes. I know I'm pre-judging them but hey, let me have my moment HAHA! I'm sure they're lovely guys who treat their girl / boyfriends like queens / kings.

Shamelessly posing

Xavie, Queen of Dip Dop

As we were going thru the other female models, we happened to come across a model names Vlada. An interesting name, no? Thanks to that name, it became the word for the day and Xavie would scream 'VLADA!' on top of her lungs as if it were a word for "Hello".

Oopsie, dinner time. Will continue after I've filled my bottomless pit of a stomach.

Ahhh. All filled up and ready to go! Oh wait. Blood is rushing to my southern region of my body to do some massive digesting. Didn't really eat the whole day today.

So where were we? Oh yes, we left off at 'VLADA!'. After much laughing and giggling at our silly antics, I wanted to develop some photos for my supposed 'Wall Of Fame'. This bodes well with my Out-Of-The-Blue-Changes-In-My-Life Campaign. As posted previously, I went on a shopping rampage to revamp my room and my wardrobe and so, I wanted to have some pictures of my friends and some artistic works of mine on the wall where I can admire them. Hence, the IKEA picture frames I bought.

Off we went to the photo shop to develop the pictures and they turned out rather nicely. On the downside of it, they also printed the dates the pictures were taken and that kind of "tarnished" (fuyoh, such a strong way of putting it) the pics. Oh well, paid RM14 for it so I'm not gonna re-develop them on account of my idiosyncrasies.

Having developed the pictures, we made our way to Taylor's College in Subang Jaya to meet Shahreen who wanted to interview me for a project she's doing for her Sociology class. The topic? Homosexuality. Coming out from the car, I was anticipating questions and mentally preparing myself to answer. Then, it dawned upon me:

I'm representing the gay community!

Gays all over the world are depending on me to shed light on a much misunderstood community!

I must not disgrace them!

Oh the burden!

With my lips quivering, we made our way to the table where Shahreen and her group were waiting. I felt like I was an honoured guest and the Royal Family of England was going to greet me. Haha don't I love being dramatic! As if. I did feel somewhat special though :p.

Having a pile of surveys conducted for her project, I asked Shahreen if I could have a read at them. After reading some comments, I can only say one thing: IT WAS DISGUSTINGLY APPALLING! I was shocked to see the number of shallow minded people in TAYLOR'S COLLEGE! These people who have done the survey clearly do NOT understand what homosexuality is but have the odesity to tick 'YES' to a question that asked if they understood what homosexuality is all about. Even more disturbing, there was a guy who wrote, "I will kill any gays / homosexuals..." when asked what their reaction would be if they saw gay couples displaying affections in public (ie holding hands etc). I find this extremely disturbing and from the replies that I read, they clearly hate homosexuals and want nothing to do with them. Some have even gone further to say that homosexuals are the ones to be blamed for diseases such as AIDS and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).

Is this really the social culture we want to live in where hate is encouraged? I must say that I am shocked to learn that even in this era - the 21st Century, there are people who are uneducated and shallow. Mind you, these people interviewed were not grandpas and grandmas. They were 18 year olds! However, Shahreen's other guy friends joined us much later and did the very same survey without knowing that a homosexual was present among them. Sorta like a wolf in a sheep's clothing. When I read their comments and remarks, I was surprised that they were very aware of what homosexuality is really about and provided sensible feedback. I'm not saying this because I'm gay therefore I prefer their replies. NO. In some of their replies, they did mention that they are afraid that gays may make sexual advances towards them and hence, making them uncomfortable hanging out with gays.

I can understand the common fear of homosexuals from a heterosexual's point of view but what I do not understand is the rage and anger some people have against homosexuals. I do admit that there are some bad apples within the gay community who have made us look bad but hey, we get bad apples everywhere in society - be it heterosexuals OR homosexuals. People fear what they do not understand. That's true. But it does not make it right to hate someone just because they are gays. Imagine if society hated you just because you have that type of nose or that type of face. Some may argue that this example is not the same with gays but my point is, the bottomline is that YOU DO NOT HATE SOMEONE FOR BEING WHO THEY ARE!

I could go on and on about the mentality of uneducated and shallow-minded people but that would take forever to write. I hope that you guys who read this will make an effort to understand a gay person and his / her life before making such harsh, rude and insensitive accusations as mentioned above by nudniks who only behave as if the world should revolve around their pathetic good-for-nothing lives.

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats