body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Stop. » | Starry Starry Night » | Butterfly Wings » | Perdoon Stary » | I Wish You Enough... » | The Royal London Circus » | The Frangipani Aftermath » | Captain, We Are Sinking » | The Powerpuff Girls! Whee! » | Boom Shakalaka Pop Fizz » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Raya Reportings

First Day of Raya (3rd November 2005)

As usual, the first day of Raya is always filled with hussle and bussle of families and friends heading out to visit other family members and friends. This is the beauty of Raya and many other festivities in Malaysia. It doesn't matter whether you celebrate it or not, we all go out visiting anyway.

Every year, Deepavali and Raya has always been exciting for me. Why? Hehe, FOOD! No matter whose house you go to, there's always something to try and stuff your face with. This often results in me over-eating and being too full to walk.

Yesterday, I went visiting to 2 of my buddies' houses. The first house I visited was Nadya's. Picked up my friends and we headed over to Nad's place. We were warmly greeted by her family and we were ushered in to have a seat. We were starving. Seeing all the food laid out on the table almost made me break out in cold-sweat and tried valiantly hard to behave myself.

Then Nad said the magic words, "Makan lah. Cuba rase ni, ni dan ni..."

Her voice trailed off as I ignored her and just started to pile up my plate with rendang daging, ayam, ketupat daun palas, lontong and satay.

Oh my god. It was pure heaven. I kept on eating and eating. Little did I realise, I've already had 4 helpings! So tak malu. Heh, paiseh ^^

Then I realised, I've not even gone over to Alif's house yet! It is my mission to eat at different houses come Hari Raya but I've already gone overboard here in Nadya's house. MUST PRESS ON NO MATTER WHAT THE CONSEQUENCES ARE! *jeng jeng jeng*

So, in order to ease my tummy a bit, we spent a little more time in Nadya's house chit-chatting with her mom just to buy us some time to digest our ballooned up bellies before making our way to Alif's house.

After a few hours, I felt it was safe enough to eat more at Alif's house and so, we said our goodbyes and thank yous to Nad's loving family and headed to Alif's house.

Upon arrival, we realised we could barely make our way to the front gate without stumbling.

We were still full! >_<

There's no turning back now. I must proceed with the annual mission of over-eating.

We made our way to Alif's dining table which had a similar spread in Nad's house. Alif was looking good in his new baju raya fully equipped with sampin and a songkok.

(Back: Charmaine and Alif; Front: Sashitaran and myself)

And so, gluttony took over and we started eating again. Only this time, Alif made trifle! Yum! I love his trifles. They taste so good when you add some milk to it. I concluded that this was the best dessert ever to go with all the heavy rendangs and ketupats.

After barely and hour, we raised the white flag. Our bellies were about to explode. We then decided to chill out with Alif at his place before heading home.

I didn't manage to take pictures of the glorious food we had but hey, today's the second day and we're bound for Jay Jay's house to continue the mission and this time, I will tantalise your eyeballs with pictures of some of the assortment of food prepared ;)

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats