body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Just ONE More! » | 2 Down And 2 To Go! » | 1 Down And 3 To Go! » | Neglect » | Oh The Wonders of Alcohol » | Happy Valentine's Day » | Long Overdue » | Birthday Shoutout » | Thank You » | Hong Kong (Part V - Final) » 

Saturday, August 12, 2006 

Woohoo!

YUP! I'm finally done with my exam! Yeah, this post kinda came too late but I was more or less indulging myself in the after-exam syndrome ie. playing WoW like nobody's business, making money on Second Life and most recently, went DVD shopping with my bro to get movies I've missed out on since forever.

Pretty much had a movie marathon with Scary Movie 4, X-Men 3: The Last Stand and Over The Hedge. I must say, I really missed out a lot at the movies. Thank goodness for DVDs and such for people like me haha!

Well, looks like my holidays have started and I have no idea how to spend it. I could go for a brief beach holiday or just stay home and be a potato haha! The beach holiday sounds a hell lot more tempting I must say, albeit, my holiday isn't that long as my results and new term start on the 28th of this month.

Now that the anticipation and gut-wrenching moments of exams have passed, one last hurdle needs to be passed - the results. This would be the moment everyone would be waiting for and hopefully, we all get through to the next year. Looking at my new term's subjects, I can't wait to start. Pretty exciting! Hah! Bet some of you must be wondering whats so fun and interesting about law. Well, I'm weird I guess =P

Back to the movies I've just watched, Scary Movie 4 was a bit over-done and exaggerated. The actors were pretty familiar from the previous instalments of the movie. The usual cast were Anna Faris, Carmen Elektra and Simon Rex (since SM 2, I think). I particularly enjoyed Carmen's role as the blind girl from the The Village parody where she entered the council meeting thinking it was her toilet and started pooping into one of the furniture. The movie did have its funny moments but other than that, it was pretty much over-done and some parts were definitely lame (George Bush's scene at the school). American humour, I guess.

Moving on to X3, the reviews I heard from friends didn't take much liking for the movie. I'd say the movie had lots and lots of nice special effects to indulge in. They definitely made a point to reveal how powerful Ororoe Munroe aka Storm (my fave!) is especially the part where she spun like a tornado emitting electricity and how she fried that lil b**ch who could teleport all over the place. Jean Grey aka Phoenix is particularly evil as compared to the comic / animated series versions. The effects definitely contributed to portray how powerful she actually is (I was however, expecting more mayhem than what was portrayed towards the ending). Although the effects were awesome, I guess the makers were trying to make up for the many loose ends in the movie. That's my little disappointment. There were one too many parts of the movie that was just hanging. For example, they left Scott aka Cyclops' character roundup a bit too long. Sure, he died but it was not until towards the end that they showed his tombstone and concluded that Jean killed him / he had died. AND, they showed Professor X's funeral first without finalising what happened to him. Further, what happened to Raven aka Mystique? She succumbed to the 'cure' and that was the end of it.

The last movie I watched for tonight's marathon was Over The Hedge. Now, this was defintiely a fun movie to watch. It was funny, natural and entertaining. I was amazed at the awesome animation and graphics of the entire movie. Very very well done. Only thing that was kinda 'off' was Avril Lavigne who played the possum offspring to a very dramatic father who thinks 'dying' is the way you 'live' haha! Extreme fun and definitely a worthwhile watch. Two thumbs up!

Well, I'm off to bed now. G'night!

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats