body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Nearly There... » | Haloscan » | Early Morning Ramblings » | Ho Hum » | The Finale » | Meh » | Mangled Monday » | Casual Sunday » | Facelift » | Sinfest » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

Sparkles

whee. easy-going day for me. woke up, had a pretty long conversation with mom. nothing much - just chit chatting about stuff and laughing about silly things. got myself ready headed out for brunch with seb. also, made an appointment to see the dentist.

came back home and watched a bit of Oprah about people suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) ie people who think they are deformed freaks of nature but in actual fact, they are normal-looking and some, very good looking. it was quite sad since these people actually look beautiful but they hate themselves as they think they are hideous. there was this one guy, Jesse, who i swear can be a model. he's got the height and definitely the looks. he was so beautiful! pretty, in fact! but its sad to hear that he's suffering from BDD and how he's been living with it. some of these ppl actually try to "correct" the "wrong" features of their faces/bodies but SELF SURGERY!! *shock* *horror*. some are more compulsive than the rest who go all out to be under the knife of a plastic / cosmetic surgeon. scary. there was one snippet during the show where they showed this woman who had a compulsive behaviour of scratching her acne out from her face but she really has NONE! to stop herself from doing it, she cuts the tips of her fingers so she wont do it! man, this sorta thing is NOT funny. some have actually tried committing suicide simply because they are "hideous and cannot blend in" with society. truly saddening.

after much shock and horror about BDD, i made my way to the dentist. i was scheduled for a check up (wisdom tooth is being a biatch and a half) as well as scaling and polishing. needless to say, the dentist was disappointed with the condition of my teeth *blush*. yeap, thanks to Dunhill, my teeth are their headquarters. geez the amount of tar stain on my teeth is enough to produce a carton of cigarettes. so, the dentist proceeded with the scaling and polishing. i think she was so irritated with the condition of my teeth, she showed NO MERCY when scaling and polishing my teeth. i think a little bit of pee came out as she vigorously attempted to break all of my teeth with that uhh, umm.. tool of hers. finally, the knuckle-whitening ordeal ended and i was allowed to rinse the blood out of my mouth (graphic, isnt it?). then, she proceeded to advise me the effects of smoking etc. the good thing is, my teeth are all sparkly clean now! wheeee! i can smile tanpa was was.

i guess the highlight of my day was the dentist visit. after getting my gums wounded in the process at the dentist, made my way home and mom was just telling me they have dinner plans and if i wanted her to fry rice. meh. dont feel like having fried rice. any of you wanna have dinner with me?

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats