body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | I've Been Apple-d! » | Transformers » | Blog Got Screwed » | Ironic » | Look Ma, No Hands! » | Huff And Puff » | They're Here! They're Here! » | Pooped » | Meet Many People In Bangsar Day! » | Bzzzzz » 

Wednesday, July 04, 2007 

Bittersweet

After months of waiting and anticipation, good news greeted me today - I got accepted into Year 3 of the University of Tasmania (UTAS) program at KDU. I'm quite excited, really. Now I can look forward and plan to fly off in July 2008. So yay me!

Now I have to prepare for a re-sit for a subject this month. Just found out that re-sits will commence on the 16th (Monday) itself. Should last for a week. Finally, things are looking up for me.

As great as the news was, bad news accompanied it - my classmate's mom passed away yesterday morning. The news was really shocking considering that her mom would just turn 50 this year. Sad, just sad. My thoughts are with them.

My day was basically filled with mixed emotions. Happiness and at the same time sad for my friend. Sometimes life is just super unpredictable. 

There were plans to attend a farewell party at the Hard Rock Cafe, KL organised by the Law Society of my college for those who are due to fly to UK this August / September but most of us will not be attending out of respect for our friend. Sigh. I just hope she's holding up well and taking it well.

Well, as bittersweet the news were, life goes on. 

Since I'm rambling, I'm dying from the heat wave we've been having. My face feels like its about to be burnt to a crisp. Gaah! Cold showers don't seem to work well with this heat. 

Labels: , ,

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats