body {margin-top:32px !important}

« Home | Birthday Shoutout » | Abes The Maid » | I'm So Fucking Miserable! » | I'm Annoyed » | Isn't Malaysia Just Sweet? » | OH MY GOD!! » | Abes Gets A Hang Over » | Fleedom » | Infected » | I'll Adore You (Lyrics) » 

Friday, November 18, 2005 

Harry Potter Dan Gelas Berapi

*Cinema goers bursts out with laughter*

It's pretty funny how they translate titles of movies these days. For example, how Lord of The Rings was translated to Tuan Cincin -_-

On to Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire. I must say, though I've not read a single book of Harry Potter, I'd say (as a non-Potter reader) that this is the best Harry Potter film made. It had more magic and definitely more special effects. I'm not going to provide an elaborate review on the movie but I do recommend you guys to watch it for the special effects. For the avid readers of the story, the storyline was nothing much to shout about.

There were few parts of the movie where the story just hung and pretty much didn't make sense. But then again, I've never read the book so I guess it's my fault for not understanding the movie. Pssh. I don't care. I only watch Harry Potter films for its special effects, costumes and Hermione. She hot, no? Young, but you can see the Eva Longoria in her that will blossom one of these days.

To my dismay, Hermione (Emma Watson) in The Goblet of Fire, for some reason, couldn't act! Very disappointing, really. It's as if she's trying TOO hard to bring out the character of Hermione. BUT she did appear in a gown with a lowcut neckline. You can see 'em budding roses, ifyaknowotimean *wink*

The Goblet of Fire brings together 2 other schools of magic whose names I cannot recall for they sounded like French gourmet dishes; to compete in the Triwizard Tournament - a tournament that can be fatal if not experienced enough. Hogwart's school of magic seem to be a co-ed school whereas the other 2 schools are boys and girls respectively. Quite cool. I like the all girls one, naturally. Their principal was freaking TALL! Taller than Hagrid! One helluva tall WOMAN.

The general rule to this tournament is that 3 - one from each school will be selected by the Goblet of Fire to compete in this tournament. And no one under the age of 17 are allowed to compete. Potter is ofcourse, underaged but you know lah, if Potter was not mysteriously chosen by some dark art, there wouldn't be a storyline now, would it? Oh the suspense! *rolls eyes*

So basically, the story revolves around this tournament and how Potter meets the newly resurrected Lord Voldermont who looks like Aquaman or some Orang Ikan or whatever. Seriously, he looked like a fish. And the storyline unfolds from one part of the tournament to another. I'm not going to spoil the movie for all of you. Just go watch it for the all girls school students and the amazing special effects.

Oh oh, not forgetting this new English-Asian chick (don't know her real name, nor do I want to bother to find out) who plays Cho in the movie. Now, she's supposed to be Potter's crush. She's very cute and all. Until she opened her mouth....

Harry: Cho!

Cho: Harree

Harry: Uh, would yew loike tew go th' dahnce wi' me?

Cho: Bot, oh, Harree, someone's asked me

Harry: (disappointed) Oh. Well, it's cool. No problem.

Cho: Harree, Oi'm rreally sorree.


It's either she's Irish OR her cockney accent was just too bloody thick! I had a problem understanding her at that particular scene. Bah.

All in all, I think the film was pretty well made and I wouldn't mind watching it the second time for the special effects. Oh, mind you that The Goblet of Fire is scarier than the previous Potter films and I personally think it would be scary for 12 year olds. I mean, seriously, this time there were deaths and scary merpeople. REALLY freakish looking merpeople. You so don't wanna mess with them.


The a b e - s t e r ' s ratings

Eye Candy (SFX): 4/5
Storyline: 2/5
Acting: 3/5
Plot: 2/5

|

.:: the a b e - s t e r ::.

    Name: Abel @ a b e s
    Location: Malaysia
    Age: 25 (Crap, I'm older!)
    Occupation: Law student
    Birth date: 7th March 1982
    Status: Still single
    Horoscope: Pisces

    WARNING: I can be addictive

.:: tweet tweet ::.

.:: nuffnang ::.

.:: advertlets ::.

.:: adsense ::.

.:: ramblings ::.


.:: sounds ::.

.:: he said, she said ::.

    "When you live, live with your soul, not with your time. When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind. When you wanna be what the world can define, open up your eyes" - Damone

.:: july babies ::.

  • 9th - Seb [28], Steph [23]

.:: snapz ::.

I'm Wet

.:: the poet in me ::.

.:: gallery ::.



Google PageRank Checker Tool
Add to Technorati Favorites
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
website stats